Digital Menu Item App Guide
Be Your Own Designer! Create Responsive, Polished Menu Boards in Minutes
It’s almost 2020 - are you still stuck using printed menus for your place? What do you do when you change your menu? Prices? Offer a promotion? Do you pay for printing and reprinting of your menu and flyers? 🤦♂️
Savvy cafe and restaurant owners are making the switch to digital menu boards, and it doesn’t really take a rocket scientist to understand why.
Customers are increasingly expecting digital content, even when they step into your restaurant for dinner. They want to be dazzled 🤩 - so you need to be sure to dazzle them! They may need a little extra nudge into buying a dessert or trying that premium item. Your digital menu board is a great way to push your promotions and shape customer demand in real time. 😎
Pixelart’s Digital Menu Item app allows you to create sleek menu boards - no design experience needed! 👍 In just a few simple steps you’ll have a menu display that connects with your customers on a sensory level, boosting sales and creating an exceptional experience for your hungry guests!
With Our Digital Menu Item App You Can
- Make updates in real time - sold out products, price changes, discontinued items, etc…
- Focus customer attention - highlight promotions, seasonal products, new items, etc…
- Easily organize your items - add as many or as few as you like!
- Add useful features - display calorie counts or embellish with descriptions
- Rearrange your display - play with the placement of your images and texts
- Schedule menus - run different menus at different times (i.e. lunch, happy hour, etc…)
Installing, customizing, and using our menu app is super easy! Here’s how to get started:
Add the Digital Menu Item app
- First, head over to our and find the Digital Menu Item app
- Click the symbol in the top right hand corner to add it to your library
- Go to Pixelart Design Studio by clicking on the tab OR to see what the app looks immediately, click in the app window to go directly to your canvas
- Drag and drop the app onto your canvas
Now that you’ve added the app to your canvas, let’s take a look at how to create a custom menu item!
Create a Menu Item
- You’ll see the settings to the right of your canvas
- First, upload an image by clicking
- Choose your image settings: Normal, Fit to Screen, or Full Screen
- Designate the price
Hint: Don’t want to use US dollars? Check out this handy guide of keyboard shortcuts for common world currencies 💱
- Add a description of your menu item in the Subtitle field
- Add a calorie count for your menu item in the Calories field
Keep customizing - now, let’s play around with the style!
Customize a Menu Item
- You can change the colors of all your texts by using our color selector tool
- You can change the font of your texts
- You can also change the alignment of the texts - left, center, or right
- You can change the background color
- Set the theme (or leave it as default)
Set your desired display duration
Click at the top of your canvas if you want to see how your content will be displayed on a screen.
Lastly, click to save your ad and return to your ad library. Or to publish it right away, when prompted about publishing your ad, select your screen and click OK.
Feeling basic? Try these more advanced options!
If you want to add more than one menu item (and you probably do) you simply need to split your screen into however many items you want to add, and drag the Digital Menu Item app into each layer!
Then… customize each item to your heart’s desire! 🥰
Hint: If you want to read more on how to use our Design Studio, checkout our guide here
There you have it! Your menu will now show on your allocated screens. If you can master this, you’re on the right track to mastering any of our apps. We’ve made our apps and design studio as intuitive as possible. Your knowledge from one app should be applicable for the next.