How to add Android Media Player to Pixelart Digital Signage CMS
Media Players that run Android are very popular and versatile. You can choose professional grade options for industry use (which tend to be more expensive) but they also cater for smaller budgets with devices like Android Box. If you need any help getting set up please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect the Player to a screen via the HDMI cable
- Connect the Player to a network via Wifi or Ethernet connection
- Next, login to Pixelart CMS and go to the SCREENS page
- Click on NEW SCREEN GROUP and name your group
Integrating a Media Player that runs on Android is very easy.
- Click ADD NEW SCREEN to see a list of available Players
- Click ADD on the Android Player from the list
- Next you will be prompted to input your Player details
- Complete the form and click DONE
- You will then see a 7 digit activation token
- Download the Pixelart Android app on the device
Hint: You can find it on Google Play or click here above the token
- Run the app from your device and when prompted enter the 7 digit activation token.
- You should now see the Player listed in your created Screen Group with a pulsing green line. This means you have successfully registered connection to the Player
Hint: If it does not turn green for some time please make sure your Network Settings are correct and your Player has access to the Internet
- Finished! Assigned Campaigns will now be automatically synced to the Player
Hint: You can see more advanced Player settings by clicking on the Player in the Screen Group
Advanced Player Settings
You can also view advanced Player settings on your Player by tapping or clicking 3 times in any of the corners of screen. This will then prompt you to enter your Player password and you can then see/edit your advanced Player settings.
Make sure that you enable the below two features, which you can do in the advanced Player settings :
Start at Boot: This will enable your Player to start automatically each time the device is turned on
Kiosk Mode: This will hide any unnecessary elements such as toolbars to give a clean professional view on your screens and disable the ability to close the application