How to add Google Chromebit to Pixelart Digital Signage CMS
If you’re already a G Suite user, you might be familiar with Chrome OS devices. The Chromebit is a perfect example of how you can pack all the essentials into a chocolate bar sized mini-PC, and get an affordable and robust Digital Signage solution with little effort or cost. It’s perfect for small businesses with a limited budget or large corporations running multiple screens alike. With updates running in the background, you don’t have to worry about out-of-date solutions or disruption in playback either.
Connect your Google Chromebit to your TV’s HDMI plug and make sure you have working a Wi-Fi connection (or buy a USB Ethernet adapter for cable connection).
How do I install my Chromebit and connect it to Pixelart?
Well, that is a common question when it comes to setting up new hardware in general. But just as with most of our hardware integrations, we promise it’s not that hard at all!
To set up your Chromebit, simply plug it into the HDMI port of your screen and make sure the AC power adapter is connected. You’ll need a Bluetooth or USB keyboard and mouse to control the Chromebit, just like a normal PC. When your Chromebit is started, you just sign into your Google account and you’re nearly up and running.
Next, you need to connect your Chromebit with Pixelart Digital Signage.
Follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Pixelart account at https://cms.pixelart.ai
- Go to the SCREENS page and click on either ADD NEW SCREEN… in your preferred screen group or + ADD NEW SCREEN GROUP followed by ADD NEW SCREEN… to add a screen in a new screen group
- Click the ADD button for Chrome OS
- Note the PIN number before you go to the next step
- On your Chrome OS device, go to the Chrome Web Store and search for Pixelart Player (Click here if you’re reading this on your Chrome OS device)
- Click on Add app
- Launch the app directly from the web store interface or find the app by opening the Launcher (in the bottom left on your Chromebit)
- Enter the PIN from step 4
Your Chromebit is now connected to Pixelart!
- The Pixelart App for Chrome OS & Chromebit is here!
- How to add Amazon Fire TV Media Player to Pixelart Digital Signage CMS
- How to add Android Media Player to Pixelart Digital Signage CMS
- How to add Chrome Browser Player to Pixelart Digital Signage CMS
- How to add BrightSign Media Player to Pixelart Digital Signage CMS