Transit App Guide
When your students, employees, or visitors rely on public transport to get from A to B, they probably turn to their phones 📱for updates & directions. Imagine if you could make it easier for them to find out when and where they need to catch their next ride (Hint - it involves using your screens instead of theirs 🤓)
Bring Updates to Your Audience ✔️
Pixelart’s Transit app lets you centralize all nearby public transit schedules into one place - your screen! Get real-time updates on all the buses, metros, trams, and other transport within half a mile radius (1000 meters) of your location! It works beautifully 😍 in all sorts of use cases:
- Hotels who want to help their guests discover the city with public transport
- Schools and universities whose students depend on local transport for traveling to & from campus
- Offices whose employees need to keep a close eye on departure times in order to get home to their families
- Venues who may host out-of-town travelers and event attendees who want to get the layout of the locale
With Pixelart’s Transit App You Can:
Set your location to your exact address Show real-time schedules for buses, metros, trams, trains, and more (see all the kinds of transport coverage available here) Determine the radius of departure stops to include (between 0-1000 meters) Add schedules for one or more modes of transit to your transit dashboard
To Get Started:
- First, head over to our and find the Transit app
- Click the symbol in the top right hand corner to add it to your library
- Go to the Pixelart Design Studio by clicking on the button OR to see what the app looks like immediately, click
- Drag and drop the Transit App onto your canvas.
Now that you’ve added the app to your canvas, let’s take a look at how to personalize it!
- You’ll see the settings to the right of your canvas.
- First, set your location by clicking and typing your address when prompted in the pop-up window
Use the slider to set your radius
Next, choose the transit type(s) you want to display (In our demo, we select buses, metros, and regional trains)
Hint: Use Cmd/Ctrl + click to select more than one transit type
- Finally, set your desired display duration
- Click at the top of your canvas if you want to see how your content will be displayed on a screen
- Click to save your ad and return to your ad library. Or to publish it right away, when prompted about publishing your ad, select your screen and click OK
Feeling basic? Try these more advanced options!
You can set the Orientation and Aspect Ratio of your ad in the preview. Our Transit app can be displayed in Landscape or Portrait mode and in 3 different aspects (Default, 16:9, and 4:3)
If you want to organize your transit dashboard to display schedules of different types of transit side by side, it’s easy! Simply split your screen into as many layers as transit types you want to display. Drop the transit app into each layer, set the location across layers (make sure they’re all set to the same location 🤓) and viola - done! If you’re feeling really fancy try using our Custom Text app to label your location and/or transit types at the top of your screen!
Hint: If you want to read more on how to use our Design Studio, checkout our guide
There you have it! Your Transit dashboard will now show on your allocated screens. If you can master this, you’re on the right track to mastering any of our apps. We’ve made our apps and design studio as intuitive as possible. Your knowledge from one app should be applicable for the next.