World Weather App Guide
Make The Weather Fun (Yes, Even In the UK)
How often have you heard the saying, “If you don’t like the weather, just give it 10 minutes?” This common refrain can be heard in cities all over the world where weather conditions can change at the drop of a hat.
With Pixelart’s World Weather app, you can use your digital screens to keep your visitors, employees, students, and customers up-to-date on the latest current conditions and forecasts for any location in the world, either local or international. Now powered by Google Places, our weather widget lets you designate your desired location(s) instead of merely choosing from a drop down list of international cities. Create beautiful, personalized digital weather displays in just moments!
World Weather App Features
- Choose any location in the world by typing it into our city selector
- See a 3-day forecast for your selected location(s)
- Get automatic, accurate updates every 10 minutes - no need to manually refresh
- Make it international! Choose from 150 display languages
- Make it personal! Customize your display with your own image(s) and animation
Installing, customizing, and using our weather app is super easy! Here’s how to get started:
Add the World Weather app
- First, head over to our and find the World Weather app
- Click the symbol in the top right hand corner to add it to your library
- Go to the Pixelart Design Studio by clicking on the OR to see what the app looks like immediately, click
- Drag and drop the World Weather App onto your canvas
Now that you’ve added the app to your canvas, let’s take a look at how to personalize it!
Customize your weather dashboard
- You’ll see the settings to the right of your canvas
- First, select your language
- Next, select your location by typing it into our city selector either by city name or address
- Choose whether you want the temperature displayed in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- If you’d like to see a 3-day forecast, click the toggle button
- Set your desired display duration
- If you’d like to change the display name to that of your office, store, or school, simply type it into the Name Override field (For example: Pixelart Headquarters)
- Select your font
Set the theme to either City, Beach, or Sky
To add a custom background image, click and select your desired image from your computer
To animate your background theme or image, click the toggle button
Click at the top of your canvas if you want to see how your content will be displayed on a screen
Lastly, click to save your ad and return to your ad library. Or to publish it right away, when prompted about publishing your ad, select your screen and click OK
Feeling basic? Try these more advanced options!
You can set the Orientation and Aspect Ratio of your ad in the preview. Our weather app can be displayed in Landscape or Portrait mode and in 3 different aspects (Default, 16:9, and 4:3)
Want to display the weather in more than one location? Easy! Simply split your screen into as many layers as locations you desire. Drag the weather app into each layer and set your preferred settings.
Hint: If you want to read more on how to use our Design Studio, checkout our guide here
There you have it! Your weather dashboard will now show on your allocated screens. If you can master this, you’re on the right track to mastering any of our apps. We’ve made our apps and design studio as intuitive as possible. Your knowledge from one app should be applicable for the next.